Tuesday, July 14, 2009

The Most Stolen Vehicles in Michigan: Are you Driving One?

Owning auto insurance cannot completely relieve the fear of having a car stolen, but it helps to be informed about the most popular vehicles and why they are stolen.

In Michigan, the top 12most stolen cars of 2007 were:
  1. 2000 Dodge Intrepid
  2. 1999 Dodge Intrepid
  3. 2000 Dodge Caravan
  4. 1996 Dodge Caravan
  5. 2005 Dodge Ram
  6. 2000 Jeep Cherokee
  7. 1999 Dodge Caravan
  8. 1998 Dodge Caravan
  9. 1999 Jeep Cherokee
  10. 1997 Ford Taurus
  11. 2006 Dodge Durango
  12. 1999 Ford Taurus


Photo by Brad Finkelstein

Suprisingly, it is not the newer cars that are more likely to be ripped off, the list is filled with vehicles from the late 90's and just a few after 2000. The reason that the same model is on the list multiple times is that if the model is not redesigned, the parts from the models are interchangable and more valuable.

In the event that your car is actually stolen insurance will pay out the actual cash value of the car minus the comprehensive deductable. So, if your 2002 Ford Focus is agreed to be worth $3,500 and your comprehensiave deductable is $500 you would get a $3,000 check from your insurance company.

To see more about how auto theft affects insurance rates visit the Michigan State Police site, or view the document containing this list.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi,
This is to let you know that right now I have seen your site & I must say it is really very informative & related to my topic also “finance”.
I am a finance webmaster & do have some good quality finance sites & blogs with high traffic & PR. And I love to do healthy content, banner, widget & article link exchange. Because as per my experience I believe through this you will get the high traffic & PR in front of Google.
If you are interested with my proposal please feel free to mail me with your finance sites & blogs urls. Apart from this you can come to gtalk for free chating….
My mail id….
nancysix00(at)gmail(dot)com

In return I do have some very attractive offers for you. And I will send mine through a following mail.

Waiting for your quick positive reply.

Cheers,
Nancy.

Unknown said...

Hi, I like your article.

You should consider networking with the moms in the bizymoms Sterling-heights community.

Jolas said...

Oh kinda scary. But before, we had a 1999 Jeep Cherokee. Thanks for the list.
Jolas@Insurance Agent Forum